The Decathlon Award will be awarded to students, aged 16-18, who have met the following requirements, within the past five seasons:
- Completion* of 10 CYT Classes
- 2 Music Classes
- 2 Dance Classes (must be different styles)
- 2 Drama Classes
- 2 Specialty Classes (Improv, makeup, technical, audition workshop, etc.) One week of CYT Middle School/High School Camp may be substituted for one class session.
- 2 other Classes, any focus
- Participation in 10 CYT Productions
- At least one as a cast member
- At least one as a crew member
- Participation in a volunteer position during 1 CYT Session (such as hair, makeup, usher, class aid, etc.)
- Participation in good standing for 2 years membership in HYPE or documented 40 hours of community service through church, school or civic organization
- Completion of a written Essay. In 350-500 words, explain how CYT has been impactful in making you the person you are today. What traits, skills, etc. do you hold because of your time with CYT? Who and what from CYT helped develop those characteristics?
*A completed class means fulfilling the entire 10 weeks session (with one absence allowed). Repeating the same class does not count as two classes.